Making New Year’s Resolutions can be a good way to stick to trying something new or breaking a bad habit or making improvements to your lifestyle. Setting your own New Year’s Resolutions helps you focus on your goals, so it is important to make sure you set goals that are achievable and realistic. Children can also develop their own resolutions and helping them choose ones that are suitable is a great way to show them how to persevere to improve themselves. Here are some ideas for some healthy New Year’s Resolutions for preschoolers and kids.
- I will let my parents help me brush my teeth twice a day.
- I will wash my hands before eating and after going to the bathroom.
- I will try hard to clean up my toys and put them back where they belong after playing with them.
- I will try hard to share my toys with my brother/sister and/or friends.
- I will do my best to be nice to other kids, especially those who need a friend or look sad or lonely.
- I will learn how to clear the table when I am done eating.
- I will talk to my parents or an adult that I trust when I need help or feel scared.
Kids (5-12 Years)
- I will drink milk and water during the week and save juice and soda drinks for weekends and special occasions.
- I will find a sport (like soccer or swimming) or an activity (like dancing or riding my bike) that I like and do it at least 3 times every week.
- I will wear my seatbelt every time I get in the car.
- I will take care of my skin and use sun cream before I go outside on sunny days. I will also try and remember to wear my hat when I am playing outside.
- I will make extra effort to be friendly to kids who have a hard time making friends by asking them to join in games and activities.
- I will try to talk with my parents or an adult that I trust when I have a problem or feel stressed.
- I will try my best to follow our household rules for videogames and internet use.
Setting goals for yourself and encouraging your kids to do the same is a great way to teach them the value or following through and helps them maintain healthy lifestyles and relationships. It also provides a great sense of fulfillment when a goal is achieved! Start 2019 off on the right foot with Jimi Atrik footwear for toddlers and kids.